If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (530) 241-2424

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How To Prevent Electrical Fires

6/2/2021 (Permalink)

fire hazard SERVPRO of South Shasta County for all your Fire Restoration Needs. Contact Us At: 530-241-2424

Electrical fires make up for 6.3% of residential fires and many industrial fires. Whenever electricity is in use there will be the potential of a fire breakout. Here are just a few common sources of electrical fires that SERVPRO of South Shasta County has encountered below.

Overloading a Circuit – To many units plugged into a single circuit can create a fire risk.  Circuit breakers usually compensate for this, but there is always a chance wires or other components will overheat.

Extension Cords – Cords tend to run across the floor and other risky areas which can lead to damaged and exposed wires. This exposure around flammable materials can be a dangerous fire risk.

Faulty Outlets – A damaged or unproperly installed electrical outlet has the potential to cause a spark or other events that may cause a fire.

Light Fixtures – If a light bulb is installed that exceeds the wattage limit, or there isn’t proper ventilation to a light fixture, it may result in a fire.

SERVPRO of South Shasta County has found the best way to prevent electrical fires is to assure that all electrical work is done by a trained and qualified electrician.  Having electrical work done properly can potentially save you money and hassles in the future. It is also important to inspect and test your electrical systems for potential issues on a regular basis so you can eliminate any problems before they become a fire disaster.

If you or anyone you know has experienced a fire damage contact SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424.

Other News

View Recent Posts