Call SERVPRO For Immediate Service in SERVPRO of South Shasta County
SERVPRO of South Shasta County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Redding. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (530) 241-2424
Whether your Redding home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Redding commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Water Intrusion Prevention Tips!
Along with the rain comes the challenges presented by water intrusion. Our technicians in SERVPRO of South Shasta County respond to water damage emergencies throughout the year, and we see the damage even a small leak can do to a home. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted water:
You can prevent water from entering your home by inspecting your home’s exterior for any place where water can enter the home and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check your rain gutters and remove any debris that may be clogging them
- Check your downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the house
- Gutter guards are a good way to prevent clogs and water intrusion into the house
- Check your sprinkler systems and make sure they are not spraying water into the house and that water is not pooling around the home’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will find its way into a structure easily when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter into the foundation wall through any cracks.
When your home or business has storm damage, our team in SERVPRO of South Shasta County is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 530-241-2424.
Black Water Contamination?
Our local technicians in South Shasta County have the specialized training, equipment, and protective gear necessary to safely clean and restore sewage backups. There are three categories of contaminated water, as follows:
Category 1: “Clean Water”
This is water from a clean source, such as a broken clean water supply line or faucet.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, it can degrade into category two or three
Category 2: “Gray Water”
This water has a significant level of contamination that could cause discomfort or illness if ingested. Sources for category two water may include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces or dishwasher overflow.
- It May contain bacteria and viruses
- It can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: “Black Water”
This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and any contact should be avoided. Sources for category three water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- It may contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
When your home or commercial business has a sewer backup emergency, our SERVPRO of South Shasta County is Here to Help. ® We’ll clean and restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 530-241-2424
Why Choose SERVPRO For Fire Damage Remediation?
Call us today at (530) 241-2424
Homeowners are often concerned about what will happen to their house after a fire. It is terrifying if a fire starts in your home, and of course, your initial response is to call in the firefighters and make sure the blaze is out.
However, after your home is secure after fire damage, it is time to think about the cleanup process. Cleanup and remediation remove soot damage and lingering odors so that your house feels like your own once more. Restoration is an essential step in making your home suitable to live in, and it also helps you feel calmer and more at peace there because it does not look so fire damaged.
What Does Fire Damage Remediation Entail?
People sometimes think fire damage remediation means cleaning off visible soot stains. However, there is much more to fire damage remediation than scrubbing surfaces. Fire damage services include:
An initial assessment of the situation is a vital first step in determining what has happened and how much restoration work is needed
Securing your home with tarps and boards if necessary so that it is safe to carry out our work and your home is protected as much as possible
Extracting any water that remains from the extinguishment efforts to ensure moisture cannot seep into your belongings or cause mold growth
Thoroughly cleaning all soot damaged items and surfaces using a range of wet and dry cleaning methods
Sanitizing fire-damaged items, so they are safe for use
Every remediation project ends with deodorization so that your home smells clean once more, and carrying out minor and major repairs to make your house structurally sound.
Why Is SERVPRO The Best Choice For Restoration?
Fire damage cleanup is a complex process. SERVPRO of South Shasta County is the best choice for restoration due to our highly trained technicians and the full range of equipment we have at our disposal.
We do not stop at cleaning away soot. Our remit is to work on your home until it reaches its pre-fire condition to resume your life. We follow a proven series of steps, as outlined above, to take care of every aspect of restoration. Our teams handle everything from emergency boarding up through to removing lingering smoky smells.
Some companies are too quick to discard items or replace damaged structures within the home. We put our focus on restoring rather than replacing wherever possible. Restoration is ultimately more cost-effective for you and can help you return to your home more quickly, while still keeping the focus firmly on safety and security.
How Well Trained Are SERVPRO Teams?
We are proud to say that each SERVPRO technician is thoroughly trained, thanks to our extensive employee training program. Our program includes:
Initial training at our corporate training facility – this is a hands-on fifteen-day course
IICRC certification to keep us in line with industry standards
Employee certification training
E-training and ongoing education to ensure our teams stay at the top of their game
Our practical and ongoing training means you can rely on our technicians to efficiently and professionally handle your fire damage restoration. We keep up to date on industry standards and best practices and keep all team members informed.
Our thorough training gives our teams the edge and equips them to assess each situation and determine the course of action that will have the best outcome.
What Aspects Of Fire Cleanup Can SERVPRO Help Me With?
Customers are often surprised by just how much our teams can help them.
We do not only clean your walls and floors but also take care of chairs, sofas, drapes, tables and any other furniture that got damaged in the fire
We assess personal belongings such as clothes and advise on what to save and what to toss
We can help with lingering moisture residue due to firefighting efforts
If you need to move out of your home, we assist with the pack up and move out process
We sanitize and disinfect your home as needed
We equip our teams with everything from smoke meters and water pumps to air scrubbers and industrial-strength cleaning materials. No matter the extent of the damage to your home, our people have the knowledge and equipment necessary to restore it.
Our teams take care of fire damage remediation from top to bottom, which means you do not have to call in any other professionals. We do everything for you, so you do not need to stress out.
If you need help with fire damage remediation, choose SERVPRO of South Shasta County. Give us a call at (530) 241-2424.
Tips for Creating an Insurance Inventory List
Call us today at 530-515-5986
When you have a fire or water damage emergency, having an up-to-date home inventory list makes it easier to settle insurance claims. SERVPRO of South Shasta County offers these tips from the Insurance Information Institute for using technology to make your home inventory easier.
- Take pictures – Create a photo record of your belongings. Capture important individual items and entire rooms, closets, or drawers. Label your photos with what’s pictured, where you bought it, the make or model—whatever information might be important to replacing or getting reimbursed for the item. Use your smartphone or digital camera—some give you the capability to put in the item’s description when saving the photo.
- Tape it – Walk through your house or apartment, videotaping and describing the contents. For example, you might describe the contents of a kitchen cabinet: “Poppies on Blue by Lenox, service for 12 that includes a dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, cup, and saucer. Purchased in 2015.”
- Use an app – Many mobile app options can help you create and store a room-by-room record of your belongings.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business needs property damage restoration services, SERVPRO South Shasta County is Here to Help. ® Our technicians will clean and restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 530-241-2424
What Can I Do if I Have Flood Damage in My Home
When a storm causes water intrusion and your home or commercial business floods, SERVPRO of South Shasta County will restore the damage quickly and efficiently. Here are some tips from our website on things you can do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today! At 530-241-2424
Items to not stick down your drain!
One trillion gallons of water are wasted each year by household leaks. It is creating a staggering statistic that has a 93% prevention rate. That's enough water to supply 11 million homes of water for a year. Talk about flushing money down the drain, literally. 2022 has become a year for recovery and managing the aftermath of Covid. Prevention is becoming the keyword, with predictions of gas prices becoming $5.00 per gallon in the United States. With this kind of uncertainty saving money for a rainy day could be as easy as fixing a leaky faucet.
Do you hear dripping sounds hours after turning off your mourning shower? Leaky faucets can waste up to 3,000 gallons per year, adding anywhere from $1.00 to $6.00 more per faucet each month to your water bill. Don't fear! Leaky faucets can be an easy, inexpensive fix. Even the most inexperienced DIYer can follow Home Depot's "How to fix a leaky faucet" instructions and solve your leaky faucet problem.
Don't we wish all plumbing issues were that easy? Having to call a plumber can make even our best days feel gloomy. Damaged Pipes to Natural Disasters water damage costs homeowners up to $20 billion annually.
Bring on the preventative measures to save money!
One of the best preventative measures is taking care of your pipes. Here is a list of things not to stick down your drains.
- Oil, Grease, and Fats
- Google "Fatberg London," and you will never stick another ounce of oil or grease down your drain. Cleanaholics will have nightmares after reading these guys can continue to grow up to 130 tons. Run “the blob” keeps growing!
- Coffee Grounds
The clumping begins when you add water to coffee grounds. Meaning every morning coffee and afternoon wake-up coffee will keep growing the clump bigger and bigger until it prohibits the drain from its job. Your drain may not love coffee grounds, but your garden will.
- Egg Shells
Who loves the beach and sliding your feet into the sun-warmed sand? You may love sand at the beach, but you don't want it in your drain, and that's exactly what happens when you stick Egg Shells down the drain. Eggshell particles eventually turn into sand and will cause build-up in your pipes. Potentially leading to pipe corrosion and malfunction of the drain.
- Cat Litter
If you don't own a cat, you might not know cat litter absorbs moisture. Flushing cat litter down the drain can cause it to expand and create blockage in your drain. Even washing out your kitties' litter box in your kitchen sink is right up there with putting a ladder on bricks to get a little extra height. You just shouldn't do it!
- Flushable Wipes
Take a second before you read the next sentence. They lied to you! Go to any professional plumbing website or even USA today and you will read that no "flushable wipes" should go down the drain. It was hard for us to digest as well. How could something be labeled "flushable" and cause so much damage in the future?
Call SERVPRO of South Shasta of County today at 530-241-2424.
Commercial Restoration Services?
When your commercial business has property damage, SERVPRO of South Shasta County will restore the damage quickly and get your doors open again with minimal disruption to your employees and customers. Our professionals have extensive experience working in all kinds of buildings and workplaces.
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing and Industrial
We provide commercial property damage restoration services, including:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
- Disaster Recovery Team
Although we are better known for fire and water mitigation and restoration services, we also provide a wide variety of commercial deep cleaning services. These deep-cleaning services exceed the scope of a routine janitorial service and are designed to keep your business looking its best:
- Air Ducts and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
Call Us Today!
Whether your business needs cleaning or restoration services, SERVPRO of South Shasta County is Here to Help. ® Our technicians will clean and restore your business “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 530-241-2424.
Fire in Residential Home?
When you have fire damage in your home or business our local team can restore your damage quickly and efficiently. Busy modern families spend much time gathering in the kitchen around meals. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires in the United States, and most of them involve the kitchen stove. Here are some cooking safety tips from the NFPA:
- Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol, don’t use the stove or stovetop.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly, remain in the home while food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you are cooking
- Keep anything that can catch fire (oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels, or curtains) away from your stovetop
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business has a fire damage emergency, our local team is Here to Help. ® Our technicians are on call 24-hours a day and typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call for help. Call us today at 530-241-2424
How Can I Prevent Water Damage In My Home?
Call us today at 530-241-2424!
SERVPRO of South Shasta County has been restoring water damage for over twenty years. Routine inspection of indoor plumbing systems can help identify minor issues before they become major problems. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute to help you maintain your indoor plumbing systems:
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Every year, make it a practice to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and refrigerator ice makers. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs. Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine. Never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home. A damaged hose or a burst pipe can send water racing into your home. Being able to locate and shut off the main water supply quickly will save stress, money, and time.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
Call Us Today!
Water damage can happen at any time. When your home or commercial business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO of South Shasta County can respond 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Call us today at 530-241-2424.