What Not To Do After A Fire
If you or anyone you know has experienced a fire damage contact SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424
What not to do after a fire damage is just as important as what you should do. The following list will help you avoid certain mistakes to help reduce the stress of a horrible situation, but first here are some fire safety tips to make your home or business more protected.
- Test smoke alarms regularly.
- Inspect your heating sources.
- Keep your oven and stove clean.
- Do not leave your kitchen while cooking.
- Inspect your dryer on a yearly basis.
- Maintain and inspect electrical cords.
- Safely store flammable products
- Practice caution with candles
- Be careful with your fireplace.
- Have multiple fire extinguishers.
If you unfortunately experience a fire damage here are some helpful tips on what not to do before the restoration process begins.
- DO NOT attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting SERVPRO of South Shasta County.
- DO NOT attempt to clean any electrical appliances without have them inspected first.
- DO NOT consume any canned or packaged food or beverages the were exposed to the fire.
- DO NOT use any ceiling fixtures if your ceiling is wet.
- DO NOT wash or send your garments to a dry cleaner.
If you or anyone you know has experienced a fire damage contact SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424
Why SERVPRO For Your Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup
24-Hour Emergency Cleanup & Restoration
Call us at 530-241-2424
Crime and accident scenes will often have blood and other biohazard contaminants that can pose a serious health risk. Here at SERVPRO of South Shasta County our technicians follow all OSHA and EPA protocols. Our primary focus is always safety, and we make sure to handle your property and the people involved with the utmost respect and empathy.
After our local police department have finished processing a trauma scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Our trained technicians at SERVPRO of South Shasta County will remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in line with OSHA and health regulations. Training and experience is essential when choosing a restoration service and SERVPRO of South Shasta County is here to help transform any contaminated environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
SERVPRO of South Shasta County is a 24-Hour Emergency Cleanup & Restoration Service. If you or anyone you know needs a trauma cleanup today,
Call us at 530-241-2424 or visit our website at www.SERVPROsouthshastacounty.com
"Like it never even happened."
Do You Have A Mold Problem?
Contact our rapid response team at SERVPRO of South Shasta County.
Here at SERVPRO of South Shasta County we understand mold and mold growth. Removing all mold from a home or business is near impossible, but our remediation specialists here at SERVPRO of South Shasta County have extensive training through the IICRC to ensure efficient and effective remediation and restoration of your damaged property.
Mold can spread through your property in as little as 48 hours and may have the potential to cause health effects. If you are concerned mold is spreading through your home or place of business, we can assess it with our Mold Remediation Process:
- Contact SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
We are A Leader In Mold Mitigation so whether you need fast removal services possibly due to recent water or moisture damage or just want a routine inspection
Contact our rapid response team at SERVPRO of South Shasta County
Allergy Season Is Here!
It’s finally spring time and that means allergy season is officially here! One of the best ways to mitigate your allergies this year is to give your home a long needed duct cleaning.
If you are wondering if a duct cleaning would be beneficial to you here are 6 Signs Your Air Ducts Need Cleaning:
- Rodent or Insect infestation
- Home was recently built or has had a Major Renovation
- Rising Energy Costs
- Seasonal Allergens
Overtime allergens can build up in your air ducts making it difficult to avoid allergy symptoms no matter how well you clean your house. A professional duct cleaning from SERVPRO of South Shasta County is one of the most effective ways to remove allergens from your home. If your air ducts haven’t been cleaned in the last 5 years and your allergy symptoms are triggered when you turn on your heating or air Contact Us at 530-241-2424
Have Rodents Taken Over Your Attic?
If you or anyone you know has a rodent infestation we offer free estimates and work directly with all insurance companies. Contact us at 530-241-2424
The most common damage that rodents can cause in your attic is the waste that they can leave behind such as urine and feces. Subject to the number of rodents and how long they remained in your attic will dictate how severe the cleanup process will be. Rodents are host to several dangerous diseases that can be found in the waste that they produce. Therefore, it is important to address these infestations and follow it up with a detailed clean up from us at SERVPRO of South Shasta County.
Long term exposure to rodent waste can leave you susceptible to many life threatening diseases such as salmonella and the hantavirus. In order to keep you and your family safe we at SERVPRO of South Shasta County follow up an infestation with a detailed and thorough cleanup process. SERVPRO of South Shasta County will start by cleaning up all rodent urine, droppings, nests, and dead rodents. Next, we will remove all contaminated insulation and disinfect any effected surface areas with our anti-microbial products.
What is special about SERVPRO of South Shasta County?
SERVPRO of South Shasta County is committed to provide our community with superior service.
SERVPRO of South Shasta County is proud to serve Shasta County and surrounding counties for over 20 years. Veteran owned and operated we restoration services such as:
- Water damage mitigation, cleaning, and repairs.
- Fire and Smoke damage mitigation, debris cleanup, smoke clean on structure and contents and repairs.
- Mold damage mitigation, cleaning, and repairs.
- Biohazard cleaning from homeless camps, animal feces, trauma, and crime scene cleaning.
- Duct cleaning for residential and commercial structures.
- Board Up Emergency security.
- Vandalism cleanup and debris removal.
- Residential remodels.
- Pack Out for emergency mitigation and repairs.
SERVPRO of South Shasta Is Here To Help!
- We work directly with all insurance companies.
- Our technicians are IICRC certified in water, fire, and mold.
- General Contractors, Ca Contractors License #832560
- Free Inspections
- Free Estimates
- 24/7 Emergency Response
If you are experiencing a disaster at your home or business call SERVPRO of South Shasta County. We are committed to provide our community with superior service.
SERVPRO of South Shasta County Clean
Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424 for Free inspection and Free Estimates for all your cleaning needs.
SERVPRO of South Shasta County does not just do fire, water and mold restoration, but we clean. SERVPRO of South Shasta County can clean your house top to bottom after any type of damage or general construction repairs.
Types of Cleaning Services SERVPRO of South Shasta Provides:
1. Fire/Smoke Cleaning. After a fire the smoke and soot debris will be found everywhere and it can be very toxic. In your cabinets, on your dishes, furniture, decorations, carpet and flooring, bedding and walls you will find evidence of a fire.
2. Mold Cleaning. If you find mold in your house that is caused from a water damage. Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County. Once we find the source of the mold, we can repair and clean the area.
3. General Post Construction Clean. Call us after you have completed a remodel or new construction in your home or business. SERVPRO of South Shasta can hepa vac all the dust and debris, wash windows, clean floors and prepare your space making it ready to move in.
4. HVAC Duct Cleaning. Wildfires, neighbors fire, general dust, debris and dander cause your ducts to have an odor or blow out dust. This can cause the household to have allergies and you may notice you are dusting a lot more.
5. Animal Feces or Infestation Aftermath. If you have had a rodent infestation and need cleaning done after the rodents have been removed, SERVPRO of South Shasta County can clean up and remove.
6. Homeless camp, biohazard and debris cleanup. Have you arrived at your business and found that you have someone camped out on your front door. Call SERVPRO we can clean any biohazard waste left behind.
7. Trauma Scene Cleanup. The aftermath from a trauma is considered biohazard. Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County to perform sensitive trauma or crime scene clean. We are respectful during when dealing with these sensitive jobs.
Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County for all your cleaning needs.
Inspections and Estimates are Free!
Get To Know SERVPRO of South Shasta County
Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County 530-241-2424.
SERVPRO of South Shasta County is a locally owned and operated restoration and general construction company. We have served the Shasta County and local North State area for over 20 years.
After working for SERVPRO in Oregon, Doug Williams, came to Redding California in 2000 and purchased SERVPRO of South Shasta County.
SERVPRO of South Shasta County is a 1 STOP SHOP who specializes in:
- Fire Restoration
- Smoke Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Mold Restoration
- Sewage Cleanup
- Covid-19/Corona Virus Clean and Sanitize
- Vandalism Cleanup
- Trauma Cleanup
- Biohazard Cleanup
- Crime Scene Cleanup
- Duct Cleaning
- General Contraction, Rebuild and Remodels
- Animal and Feces Debris Cleanup
- Fire/Smoke Damage Cleanup
Our technicians are IICRC certified in water restoration, fire, and mold. We respond 24/7 to any emergency water or fire damage and we will perform free inspections and free estimates for all of our mitigation services.
Our construction company is qualified team that will perform water damage repairs, fire repairs, and mold repairs. Our team has accomplished many rebuilds and remodels after a major water or fire damage.
Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County for all your restoration and repairs. We will work directly with your insurance company.
Chimney Flue Fire & What You Should Know
Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County for all your fire, smoke and water damage 24/7 at 530-241-2424.
Chimney flue fires can be extremely dangerous. Many people discover they have a chimney or flue fire first by the sound. It can be very loud cracking noise like a bond fire. Flames or dense smoke may shoot from the top of the chimney. Chimney fires can burn rapidly. It is important to get out of your home quickly and call 911 as soon as you see signs of a chimney flue fire.
A chimney fire is the combustion (burning) of residue deposits referred to as soot or creosote, on the inner surfaces of chimney tiles, flue liners and stove pipes.
Signs to look for to see if you may have had a chimney flue fire are:
- Warped metal of the damper, metal smoke chamber connector pipe or factory-built metal chimney.
- Cracked or collapsed flue tiles, or tiles with large chunks missing.
- Discolored and/or distorted rain cap.
- Heat-damaged TV antenna attached to the chimney.
- Roofing material damaged from hot creosote.
- Cracks in exterior masonry.
- Evidence of smoke escaping through mortar joints of masonry or tile liners.
If you think you may have had a flue fire call SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424 for your free inspection and estimate.
Mold Remediation After A Water Damage
Mold Remediation and Repairs Call SERVPRO of South Shasta County at 530-241-2424.
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution. Small mold exposure is an easy solution. Just clean with bleach and water mix. However, large mold exposed areas are much more toxic and can require a professional mold remediation to eliminate the fungus.
Removing extensive amounts of mold can be dangerous to one’s health. To eliminate your exposure to mold call SERVPRO of South Shasta County. We will send our expert technician to come out and perform a free inspection and estimate to remove the mold and repair any damages caused by mold.
Mold remediation is a process. Below are some of the steps that can be taken to remove the mold.
- Assess the damage.
- Make sure the source of the moisture or leak has been fixed or stopped.
- Contain the area where mold is growing.
- Set an air filtration system in place to contain spores that may be airborne.
- Remove and/or clean any areas of walls, floors, contents which contain the mold infestation.
- Schedule an industrial hygienist to perform a mold clearance test.
- Complete all repairs necessary.
SERVPRO of South Shasta County is here to complete all your mold mitigation. We are a 1 STOP SHOP that can perform mold remediation and all repairs. We are a licensed and bonded general construction company who will work directly with your insurance company.